Galera Operator makes it easy to manage highly-available Galera clusters deployed to Kubernetes and automates tasks related to operating a Galera cluster.
Galera is a popular, free, open-source, multi-master system for mySQL, MariaDB and Percona XtraDB databases. Galera Operator is tested and built for MariaDB.
Today, Galera Operator can:
- Create and Destroy Galera clusters from dev to prod environment,
- Resize cluster size (number of nodes in a galera cluster),
- Resize Containers (CPU, memory) and Persistent Volumes (disk size) -> Vertical Scalability,
- Upgrade with control and configuration validation,
- Automatic failover when a Galera node fails,
- Backup a Galera Cluster to an external S3 storage,
- Restore Galera Cluster from an existing backup,
- Logs (Elastic, Kibana) and metrics (Prometheus),
- Simplify K8S and Services upgrades.
From developers to db administrator, the goal was to provide a self service solution through API.
Galera Operator reduced TTM and operation costs.
Visit project’s repository on Orange-OpenSource GitHub, where it is published under Apache 2.0 license.